Cancelled flight, what can I expect?

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by AndersFT, Mar 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. AndersFT
    Original Member

AndersFT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi

Late yesterday evening I saw a SMS saying something like: "Your fligth has been cancelled. We will try to make arrangements so go to airport as usual"

As I knew, there was a earlier flight that would solve my problems, but SAS hotline was closed and after 30 mins i que at my travel agency I descided to arrange for my own benefit.

I booked a new ticket at the earlier flight and rescheduled the taxi.

When I came to the airport SAS told me that the early flight was delayed so that pax booked at the cancelled one would be able to make it!

So in the end my efforts in being proactive resulted in 750 points for my new E class ticket instead of doing nothing, then I had been awarded 1500 points for the original J class ticket...

Do anyone know if there is a possibility to get points for the original flight even though I made the arrangements on my own initiative?

2soonold likes this.
  2. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well if you had, like you said, done nothing, you would have earned points on your original booked class. And you chose to take matters in your own hands since SAS service was unavailable. You shouldn't really be "punished" for that, but I think it all depends whether SAS use discretion or not when you direct the question to them.. not sure if they do, they always seem very bureaucratic when it comes to registering points. But I think I would try to drop them a line in their chat first (just type 'chatt' in the "fråga eva"-box), if you're lucky maybe they can sort it out there and then.

2soonold and AndersFT like this.
  3. AndersFT
    Original Member

AndersFT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, did as you suggested and the bottom line was:
    "If you used your E-class ticket, you will earn points according to E-class, on the other hand you will get your money back on your J-class ticket".

I guess that my company earned the most here :cool:

OY-JFS and 2soonold like this.