Cancelled flight rescheduled at same time with difft flight #

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by TravelerRob, Aug 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before or can explain why UA did this.

UA1753 is scheduled at 1030a SEA-DEN this morning. It's showing cancelled on United.com. However, it's been replaced by UA1754 leaving at the same time. I'm not 100% sure which flight is the originally scheduled flight but I think it's 1753.

The other odd thing is the 752 operating as UA1754 is showing online as coming from LAX. UA doesn't operate a 752 on LAX-SEA so I suspect this is bad data on the mobile site (not the first time).

Anyone ever see United cancel a flight and replace it with a different flight number (not in the 9xxx range) at the same departure time?

I'm not on this flight. I was just looking at bump possibilities from the flight I am on to any other flight and noticed this anomoly.

-RM

redwoman likes this.
  2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's interesting as UA also has a 1049am flight SEA-DEN UA1481 as well.

3. redwoman

redwoman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I saw this a couple of weeks ago when my SFO-ORD flight was changed to different equipment and a different flight number (super pissed too because it went from a 67I with me and hubby in flat beds to a POS 757 2-cabin). However I can also find another SFO-ORD flight at the same time still flying the 67I when I search other itins, SOMETIMES. The original one wasn't canceled; they just moved me off of it.

Freakin weird man.