Cancelation notification

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Grace, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Grace
    Original Member

Grace Silver Member

Status Points:
    On Wednesday I was supposed to fly from CLT to ORD at 10 pm.

On Tuesday I received 4 calls from the automated system stating the call was canceled, then 1 from a real person stating the flight wasn't canceled.

Why would it ever seem appropriate to call at 6 am for a flight more than 24 hours away?

2. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I think their automatic notification system has a number of glitches. My flight was delayed then canceled last week (stuck in CLT overnight)...the first cancellation received no notification, then received 3 or 4 for each subsequent cancellation AND change in itinerary... US IT- gotta love it.

3. mundosurfer
    Original Member

mundosurfer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was pretty happy with US Air during last week's snow/ice. I got an email and a call about both CXL flights, they also provided a number to call and the wait time was very minimal, I am *Gold but hold no status on US.

4. Grace
    Original Member

Grace Silver Member

Status Points:
    I use my phone as my alarm when I travel and I kept wondering why my alarm was going off at 6 am and why the snooze looked different.

5. JayBrian
    Original Member

JayBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    The automated system probably starts the notification as soon as the flight status change is confirmed. It also probably doesn't know what time zone the phone is in.

6. safetymom
    Original Member

safetymom Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would rather get several messages than no message that there is a problem with the flight. I still would follow up with the airline.

How do the rest of you handle it after getting the call or message?

7. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    IF able I go online and try to make the changes as needed. In CLT two weeks ago, for example, I was able to have a friend who is an agent help me-and there was no fee.

Otherwise you just have to suck it up and call--and for us dirt preferred, hope that the person on the other end has a reasonable command of English.

8. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I also program all of my flights into Flightstats, which I have found to be fairly reliable, albeit not so detailed with delay information (other than to say 15+ or 45+). However, the last time US cancelled my flight, Flightstats notified me long before US did, so I was able to jump ahead of the re-booking queue.