CAn you upgrade an AA flight with US airways rewards?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by enichols22124, Feb 1, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think I may cross-post this....but I found a flight from AUS to Tokyo on American. I would like to buy a Coach ticket, and then use US Airways Dividend Miles to upgrade it to a Business Class ticket. I don't see how to do that. Anyone know if this is not allowed yet? Maybe once there is a codeshare? Then I would book it through US Airways, I presume?

Thanks.

2. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not yet. That's probably a 2015 reality.

3. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ah....ok, much further out. I thought maybe once US Airways became part of One World that might be the pivoting point, but 2015.....so far away... :)
    Thanks!

4. PhoenixCMC

PhoenixCMC Active Member

Status Points:
    If the new AA management team (i.e., the former US management team) follows the same procedure they did when AmericaWest took over US, there will be a way to transfer miles from your US account to your AA account much sooner than that.

This is a more complicated merger of FF programs, though, so they may not follow the previous approach. Nonetheless, there may be some reason to hope for an earlier date than 2015.