Can you recommend any good audio books on travel hacking?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Beachgirl07, Apr 18, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Beachgirl07

Beachgirl07 Silver Member

i have a long drive to work everyday. Also who are your favorite bloggers besides the ones on boarding area.
  2. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

I don’t have any audiobook recommendations, but I do have a few podcast suggestions for long car rides.

Extra Pack of Peanuts (EPOP) is a blog and podcast that started out as almost all travel hacking, but has expanded into discussing general travel to location independent jobs. He interviews a varied group of travelers/travel hackers, which I think are the most enjoyable podcasts. There is a huge backlog to keep you busy listening for quite a while as he did podcast gluttony for a while where he was releasing a new episode 5 days a week.

Dots, Lines, and Destinations is a podcast hosted by Seth Miller (Wandering Aramean), Stephen Segraves, Foz, and Rolo, some of who blog at The topics discussed range from their trips to industry news, and the audience isn’t really the ‘newbie’ per say, but you will learn something from listening to them if you’re not turned off by the detailed discussions of the airline industry. Personally, I really enjoy it, but not everyone will.

If you’re looking for a general travel podcast, then I’d highly recommend This Week in Travel which is hosted by Gary Arndt (, Chris Christensen (, and Jen Leo. Gary has been nomadic for about 8-10 years or so, and was one of the first to really get a solid travel blog going. He’s brilliant when it comes to the business side of blogging, has been to some incredible places I’ve never heard of, has a strong hatred of the TSA, and a sarcastic sense of humor. I can’t get enough of the guy. Chris Christensen runs (which has put out a podcast every week for forever), used to work for TripAdvisor, has great knowledge on the technical and business side of travel, and has a very dry sense of humor. Get him and Gary together, and I could listen to them all day. Jen Leo rounds out the hosts, and she’s big on family travel and Vegas. They discuss travel news and the travel industry, and most episodes they bring on other guests in the travel realm. It’s definitely my favorite podcast. I just wish it would come out more often.

If anyone else has any favorite podcasts, I'd love to hear those as well.
  3. MUC flyer

MUC flyer New Member

I like EPOP as well. I have listened to quite a number of the podcasts already. I still have a few more before I run out.
    Thanks for the other recommendations, I am looking forward to more interesting podcasts.