Can you gift Suite Upgrades?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by nelsoji, May 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. nelsoji
    Original Member

nelsoji Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was wondering if it was possible to "gift" your Diamond Suite Upgrades to another person? I have no more stays really planned at a Hyatt this calendar year and have 4 that will expire in Feb. I likely would hang on to them for another couple of months in case things changed, but just thought I would start researching whether they could be used by someone else. Anyone have any insight? I tried to run a search but it kept "erroring" out, so if this was already talked about elsewhere - I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction!

Thanks MP!

marcwint55 and iolaire like this.
  2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    marcwint55, Global Explat and nelsoji like this.
  3. nelsoji
    Original Member

nelsoji Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks - that is kind of what I figured. I hate seeing stuff like that go to waste and figured there were people on here that could use them for something! Oh well - thanks for the response!!!

marcwint55 and Price123 like this.
  4. Price123

Price123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can apply the suite upgrade certificates to any booking in the future, as long as you apply them by the end of February - they don't have to be used on bookings complete by the end of february.

marcwint55 likes this.
  5. Global Explat
    Original Member

Global Explat Silver Member

Status Points:
    Would suite UG gifter (ie original checker-inner) get the stay credit for the stay if gifted to a friend, or would the friend themselves? I guess only the gifter could, as only one Hyatt GP number could be on the booking??

marcwint55 likes this.
  6. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Diamond benefits can only be earned for a room in which the Diamond is (presumably) staying. This means upgrades, lounge access, points, and stay credit.

marcwint55 likes this.
  7. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If your name is on the reservation along with someone else, the certificates can be used. You would have to tell the hotel that the other party is checking in and you will arrive later. I have never seen a hotel that actually looks for you later. The other party will not get the points for the stay, but you will.