Can you book a suite with points?

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by TravelerRob, Jul 31, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just wondering if you can book a suite with points?

I have a trip in October to SF that I would like four people to stay in a room. But we're all related so it's not a husband/wife scenario. I'd love to have a suite with two rooms if possible.

The best I can find when booking through Marriott.com is a 'normal' room with two queen beds.

Thanks,
    Rob

vickers likes this.
  2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Suites are not directly bookable with points. One must first redeem for a standard room and then request an upgrade to a suite using points, provided that a hotel offers such upgrades.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
    TravelerRob and vickers like this.
  3. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the best you can book directly online is a 1 bedroom at a TownPlace Suites or a Residence Inn. I think they both offer pull out couches in all their rooms.

4. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think if you view the property after logging into your account and select the point redemption option to see what the property is able to offer in terms of point upgrade possibilities ;)

5. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the input.

Unfortunately there are no TownePlace or Residence Inn properties in SF proper. They're all outside the city and closer to the airport. I need to stay in the City itself.

The only property I can find with a suite is a 1 King + 1 sofabed. I need 2 kings.

-Rob