Can you be in multiple stopovers at once?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Muerl, Feb 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    So I have been playing with a number of mixed free ones for a number of flights.

I am based in BOS and I have a UA 1 way to LIM for next christmas.

I am looking to book LIM-JFK(stop)-LAX-KOA on LAN/AA I am figuring that I would be booking BOS-JFK r/t with avios and call it a day, but I was starting to wonder about crazy ideas.

Can I potentially have two simulatious stop overs?

If for example I have NRT-BOS booked right now. If I had booked that NRT-BOS(3/2014)-(stop)-(2/2015)PUJ and then also booked the LIM-JFK(1/2015)(stop)-LAX(3/2015)-KOA is that valid or does it violate contract of carriage?

MX likes this.
  2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd be very surprised if any contract attempted to infringe on your freedom of movement. I'm not an expert on AA rules, but seems to me you should be able to travel during your stopovers however you want, even on another AA itin.

3. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well for example you can't book BOS-MIA ticket for 4 weeks and then book a MIA-BOS ticket every weekend technically.

4. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    As I recall there is a specific provision in the rules for NetsAAver fares that prohibits travel during the required minimum stay, but it shouldn't apply otherwise.