Can the CSC/United Club see anything than I can on united.com?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by davidbbrenner, Jan 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. davidbbrenner

davidbbrenner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,
    Plane change has moved me into a middle seat in business on an overnight flight, and I can only envision the acrobat moves I have ahead of me trying not to wake up someone on either side of me as I make 1 of my (unfortunately) several anticipated trips to the restroom. On united.com, right now, I see only other center seats. I don't anticipate them changing my seat based on my situation, as everyone as their own problems, but am I seeing the honest picture of what's not assigned? FWIW I am Plat Exec on United and it is a United metal flight (UA 902 from IAD to MUC). Thanks for your thoughts, Dave

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Most likely, yes you are. There might be blocked seats that you can call and ask about but probably not.

Because it is UA metal you can ask the agent to add you to the waitlist for an aisle seat at the airport and that might work but I've had rather limited success with that while others have reported more positive experiences.

davidbbrenner and Flyer1976 like this.
  3. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't worry about making your acrobat moves in the middle of the night. Everyone knows that's the deal with someone stuck in the middle or in the inside.
    I'm not the most graceful person trying to get over another passenger to go to the head and all I can do is try the best I can not to fall on the other passenger. I never had anyone give me a hard time because they know the seats are just set up in a way we can't avaid it ;)

davidbbrenner and DCA1K like this.
  4. davidbbrenner

davidbbrenner Silver Member

Status Points:
    A quick update - figuring people are probably likely to upgrade from business to first, I checked the website again and an aisle opened up and I grabbed it. So hopefully the jerk in the middle seat next to me know he'd better hold it in all night if he has to pee so he doesn't wake me up :)

Flyer1976 and AZjohn like this.