Can not choose seat on UA website

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by xopping, May 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. xopping

xopping Silver Member

Status Points:
    My friend and I just booked an UA flight today for a trip this weekend from JFK To SFO. This flight leaves JFK around 6am. It seems all the economy seats have been taken. I suspect UA will upgrade some premier members to business and first classes and then assign the seats for us at the airport. Is anything we can do before we get to the airport? we do want to sit together if possible. Thanks!

2. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Pray.

skyvan and MX like this.
  3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is little you can do with respect to seat assignment until the airport since that's now out of your hands, but you still have a couple of things to try to get adjacent seats: (a) make the request when checking in; if that fails chances are that the GA won't be able to help you either, or (b) politely ask the person sitting next to you or the one next to your friend if it would be okay to trade seats so that you could sit next to your friend. The latter usually works...

BTW, the p.s. is no longer a 3-cabin flight. There are now only Business and Economy Plus cabins, with F gone.

8MiHi likes this.
  4. xopping

xopping Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks for such nice explanation!

5. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    There were two people on my last flight EWR-ORD who could not get seats at booking (non-Premier members) who were accommodated in E+ at the gate (2 middle seats, one behind the other).

Flyer1976 likes this.