Can I use the unlimited stopover for BA miles domestically on AA?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by cptnkirk77, Jun 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cptnkirk77
    Original Member

cptnkirk77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just wanted to make sure I was understanding this correctly...Can I use BA miles to get an domestic award ticket on AA metal from DFW to LAX, using BA's unlimited stopover policy for awards to have a stop in LAS?
    As I said I'm pretty sure this is true based on what I've read here and on other blogs, but just wanted to be sure. Thanks!

newguy1212 and Gargoyle like this.
  2. MyMiles&Points
    Original Member

MyMiles&Points Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Yes, that should be a valid routing with BA miles all on AA metal. Just call up the Exec Club to reserve your flights - should total 12,500 miles one way plus the taxes ($2.50 for each segment - $5 total :) plus the $20 telephone booking fee :(

Make sure you find DFW-LAS and LAS-LAX award availability on the dates you're wanting to travel and just use the language - I want to fly from DFW to LAS (date, flight no.) and then from LAS to LAX (date, flight no). LAS is my stopover, etc.

Good luck!

3. cptnkirk77
    Original Member

cptnkirk77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! I think this was a case of me overthinking the rules a little bit...I don't really know why I thought this might just be applicable to internation routings, but that's beside the point. I am ready to book! :)

MyMiles&Points likes this.
  4. MyMiles&Points
    Original Member

MyMiles&Points Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Let us know how it goes!