Can I use a free night to just check in early at Park Inn by Radisson Frankfurt?

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by Jeanne23, Jun 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Jeanne23

Jeanne23 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know communication between properties and Club Carlson Gold Points isn't the best, so I figured I'd ask here first before I tried to orchestrate it.

I land in Frankfurt early in the morning. I was planning on using points at the Park Inn, but since I have the Club Carlson card, I get one night free.

So I booked the night before I land, and the night afterwards.

My goal is to be able to check in at 7am so we can check in, shower, drop our bags off, and explore Frankfurt.

I've done this before with other hotel programs, but my fear with Club Carlson is that since communication tends to not be that great in their program, once I don't check in by midnight, the entire reservation will be cancelled.

My plan is to contact the property directly (and hope someone speaks English), but wanted to get some experiences / impressions of this first.

Thanks everyone!

Kalboz likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    You should not only contact the property but also note the name of the person with whom you communicate your arrival time. You should also ask them to link the reservations so that you don't need to check in/out and change rooms.

Jeanne23 likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    How you pay for the room doesn't matter. That the hotel doesn't "no-show" you the night prior to your early arrival is the only thing you nee to be concerned with. Speaking with someone at the property - preferably on the night you are scheduled to arrive - should solve that. And I would be shocked if the person who answers the phone when you call them doesn't speak English.

This has nothing to do with the CC loyalty program as the reservation should be for both nights as a single booking as I understand it.

rodeojones and Jeanne23 like this.
  4. Jeanne23

Jeanne23 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks everyone!

Yeah, it's a single booking. The only reason I brought up the CC is because the second night was free, so as long as I could swing this, I saw no reason to not do the second night.

Thank you, thank you again.

Kalboz and Wandering Aramean like this.
  5. kmann31

kmann31 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Please come back and update us after you travel to let us know if this worked, or if you run into any issues, as I would like to do the same thing on our trip to London! Thank you!

Jeanne23 likes this.
  6. Jeanne23

Jeanne23 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sure, definitely will!