Can I transfer miles from Korean to Delta?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by IberianNomad, Oct 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. IberianNomad

IberianNomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi folks,

I have approximately 20K miles on Korean (which I only flew once). Unfortunately I didn't open a Delta Airlines SkyMiles account throughout the years since I had a Korean one. Therefore every time I flew Delta I would simply provide my Korean Skymiles account. A few weeks ago (much to my surprise) I noticed that several thousand miles from previous delta flights did not transfer to my Korean Skymiles account because of the ticket category (or so I was told by a KA rep).

My questions:

1. Is there anyway of "recovering" those miles and get credit for them on my newly created DL Skymiles account?
    2. Is there anyway of transferring those 20K miles on KA onto my new DL Skymiles account? If not what other options do I have since 20K doesn't really get me a complimentary flight.

Thank you!

M

2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, you cannot transfer from airline to airline, even within an alliance or other commercial sharing parntership (Delta and Virgin Atlantic can't even transfer). You can however book many low level Delta awards using your Korean miles at Korean's award prices and within their Skypass booking rules.

3. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was your Delta account made before or after you flew? Either way, you don't have much to lose trying to get those miles credited to Delta since they weren't credited to KAL, but I think your chances are much better if you opened your account before you actually flew.

At any rate, just try it!