Can I sell / trade free nights?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by NYCAdventurer, Jun 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was considering trading a free night I have in my account, but want to make sure it isn't against any of Hyatt's rules.

uggboy and Sweet Willie like this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    if going by the letter of the T&Cs of Hyatt & most any travel/lodging provider, then trading/batering/selling awards is illegal.

that said, it goes on.

uggboy likes this.
  3. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I second what Sweetwillie stated in that selling nights is counter to the rules of hotel programs, as is also the case with selling frequent flyer award tickets. If the airline catchs you, your account could be suspended. Those Ebay auctions which you see for airline upgrades or tickets are often monitored by the airlines.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  4. NYCAdventurer

Status Points:
    I have heard stories about the airlines closing people's accounts who sell their award tickets, but nothing about the hotels.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  5. chitownflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It is one thing if you offer a friend of yours a free airline ticket or night in a hotel, and the friend later does something for you to show appreciation for your generousity. It is quite another to sell an airline award or hotel free night which directly violates the rules of the program. There is a Coupon Connection on Milepoint for Gold Members, and this may be a place where you can find someone where you can engage in a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Sweet Willie and NYCAdventurer like this.
  6. NYCAdventurer

Status Points:
    Perhaps I will use that avenue, thanks!

7. chitownflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It's always best to do things that avoid any unnecesary complications. Best of luck to you.