Can I get idine-affiliated miles for dones made thru savored.com?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by jfhscott, Aug 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, I've made reservations at one of my favorite DC restaurants thru savored.com, which promises 30% off my bill for making the reservation through them.

I can only imagine that my reservation is electonically coded somehow to capture this.

Reservations thru savored.com do not permit the use of further promotions, e.g. coupons, which I understand. But what happens if I pay by my AA-linked CC? or with a gift card previously purchased at the restaurant? Does something get flagged that these contstitute the use of "promotions".?

I'd appreciate reports from the experienced.

2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would think you should get the iDine miles also if the CC you used was registered with a particular iDine program.

I use opentable.com to book my reservations and use an iDine registered CC, I always get the miles & my open table points.

3. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    As I discuss above, I used an RN-affiliated (aadvantage miles earning) credit card to pay for a meal which I had reserved on Savored.com, paying $10 for a 30% discount.
    At the end of the meal, the server brought me 2 bills - one "pre" 30% discount, which I was not expected to pay (but I suppose they wanted me to know the pre-discount amount for gratuity purposes), the other with the discount.
    I had been concerned that my credit card would either be rejected for being RN-affiliated or that the miles would not accrue.
    (1) the card was accepted without incident
    (2) miles have posted to my account.
    Hooray!