Can I check my bags in downtown Manhatten for an international flight from JFK

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by KyRoamer, Jan 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    And if so, where and should I?

2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not that I've ever heard of...if you could I'd be doing that every time and taking the AirTrain instead of a car.

3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought the helicopter service from downtown near the ferry offered something like this, but I could be mistaken. Or that might have changed after 9/11. Or the helipad might be out of service since Sandy (I work nearby but haven't bothered to look, even though I see the helicopters going all day).

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    In other cities, a few huge hotels have a service where for a fee they will check you in and accept bags for most airlines. For example, the Chicago Hyatt Regency has this in the lobby. However, the rules for international flights might be different. For a while, international meant no curbside baggage check, but this might have changed back again.

Surprisingly, you can check bags downtown in Hong Kong for USA carriers departing to the USA, even many hours before the flight, at the airport express train stations. It's great!

DLroads likes this.
  5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, you cannot. And the helo service ceased a few years ago. It was a fun ride though.