Can I book a reservation and add a companion later using the Companion Pass?

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by Mikus33, Apr 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can I book a flight on SW, and once I receive the Companion Pass, add my companion to the reservation or does it have to be done at the time of the booking?

2. Million Mile Secrets

Million Mile Secrets Silver Member

Status Points:
    Absolutely!

Once you get your Companion Pass, you'll be able to add a companion as long as Southwest is selling a seat on the flight.

And since Southwest doesn't charge a fee, it doesn't hurt to make a points booking in advance. You can always cancel it and rebook if the price drops.

3. PointsCashMiles

PointsCashMiles Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm glad I just read your post, it reminded me to reprice some outstanding points bookings I have for Southwest flights the next couple of months.

4. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is one of the greatest things about the SW program. I feel like I should just start booking flights on SW that look like good deals, and then see how I feel on those particular weekends if I want to go or not.

PointsCashMiles likes this.
  5. PointsCashMiles

PointsCashMiles Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've gone back and forth with my feelings about Southwest over the years, but it's the little things like this that keep bringing me back... Well that and the non-stops to Vegas.

Mikus33 likes this.
  6. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    How do you book the Companion ticket online? Or do I just book one ticket and call the airline to add the companion?

7. sellthesedownfalls

sellthesedownfalls Silver Member

Status Points:
    Go to your RR account, then click on 'Travel', then click on the small 'All Travel' button so you can see all of your upcoming trips. On the trip you want to add a companion, click 'Add a Companion'. It's really easy to do online!

I love Southwest for the Companion Pass, we're taking lots of fun, free little trips this year and next (Providence, Austin, New Orleans) with it. :D

dhammer53 and iolaire like this.
  8. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for this information. I've made about 4 changes to Companion Pass tickets in the last six months and each time I have to find your post to remember where to find the link.

Mikus33 and sellthesedownfalls like this.