Can Hyatt Diamond Suite Upgrades Be Used On Points + Cash Bookings?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 21, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Reader John asked the following question on a post I wrote a few weeks ago about Hyatt Diamond Suite Upgrades: "I have a confirmed booking at Park Hyatt Paris Vendome using cash + points. The entry level suite is the Park Suite King. The Park Suite King is available for the days I’m staying there. When I called Hyatt Diamond line (three times already), they said that the Park Suite King is not available for the suite upgrade. In your primer above, it says that if the entry level suite is available for a booking, then it should be available for the DSU. Can you explain why this is the case (i.e., not available for DSU) when it’s available to be booked?" For those of you not familiar, in early 2014 Hyatt introduced Points + Cash, whereby, as the name suggests, guests could redeem part points and part cash for a hotel stay. Really this was Hyatt playing "catch up," as most other hotel loyalty programs already offered such an option. The post Can Hyatt Diamond Suite Upgrades Be Used On Points + Cash Bookings? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...