Can Hotels Read Minds?!?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 25, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Last week I wrote a post entitled "Hospitality Happens At The Margins." The post was based in part on a Bloomberg interview with a Starwood VP, who was emphasizing the importance of basically "customizing" stays, because apparently 2% of their guests generate 30% of their profits. I explained that a large portion of my perception of travel brands isn't shaped by the 90% of the time that stuff goes as planned, but rather the few times that an employee goes out of their way to make me smile. I gave the example of the hotel I frequent more than any other -- the Grand Hyatt Tampa -- and how they surprised me last week with a welcome amenity consisting of Diet Coke with lime and nuts. I've always chosen points as the amenity at this property so certainly wasn't expecting that. Not only was it a great gesture as such, but the attention to detail is what really put a smile on my face -- the limes, the fact that it was Diet Coke rather than Diet Pepsi (which is the Hyatt brand standard), and the nuts. Those are three of my favorite things! The post Can Hotels Read Minds?!? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...