Can HA awards be seen on AA.COM?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by norge, Aug 25, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. norge
    Original Member

norge Silver Member

Status Points:
    I read on one of the blogs (a comment) that HA availability can no longer be seen on AA.COM. Is this true or bull?

2. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:

showing up just fine for me

Wandering Aramean and boondr like this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Me, too. I just searched LAS-HNL on 14 May 2014 and I see HA seats available in the results. That said, intra-island flights don't seem to be showing, and there are plenty of seats on those flights looking at the HA site.

Rob likes this.
  4. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    HA flights are still bookable on AA.com

However, if you can't book the HA seat on AA.com, then you still won't be able to book the seat over the phone.

For some reason AA doesn't always get the same inventory of HA seats that HA offers its own customers.

I argued once with an AAgent when trying to get 2 seats. AA.com would only let me book one. HawaiianAilines.com showed that 2 seats could be booked at the saver level on their website.

ExpertFlyer showed 6 available seats in saver inventory, but when I called AA, the AAgent told me she only had access to one seat. I've spoken to more than one AAgent that has told me this is the case.

5. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    Somewhat related: Any special tricks for HA award inter-island seats when flying into or out of HNL on AA? Example:DFW-OGG in early December shows good availability on DFW-HNL and HNL-OGG however DFW-HNL-OGG is never visible.

6. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Put the routing you want without the inter-island segment on hold. Then call AA and have them add the segment manually.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    Wandering Aramean likes this.
  7. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sure, I know I can do that, I was wondering specifically if there was a trick to get it to show up on the website :)

8. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nope, it will only show up online when doing a multi-city search and then it will charge you 5,000 miles extra for the inter-island segment.