Can anyone help me decide on a paid vs "Stay Certificate" stay at PH Mendoza?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Jenny & Curt, Feb 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    OK, so here's the dilemma:
    I have a two-night stay at PH Mendoza in March 2012. I have it reserved using the two "Classic" Stay certificates I have (cost me $109 each + shipping.) Considerations are:
    1. No stay credit or points if using these certs, but rate is nice.
    2. Paid (Senior Rate, for which I am <alas> eligible), is $137.74 + 21% tax, for $166.67 total.
    3. I have some suite upgrade certs left, and if I act very quickly, could apply one for one or more nights of this stay.
    4. I could leave the second night as a Stay Cert stay and just pay for (and upgrade, if available) the first night.
    5. I would still get stay credit if one night is paid and the next stay cert, right?
    What would you all do?

2. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't know if it is too late but I'd say mix them up. 1-and-1. You'll get one stay credit and one night credit for a net of $50.

3. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for answering! We leave Monday, so there's still time. I did check to see if there were any suite upgrades available (which might have tipped the balance), but there aren't. But I like your "net" analysis. There's also the earned points of about 900 from the paid night...plus the Hyatt VISA points (~500)...1400 at 2 cents per point would subtract $28 from the cost calculation...
    I just want to call the Diamond Concierge and make sure that the stay certificate rate would still be available if I drop the first night. And then, to find a good alternative use of the stay certificate I already own..

4. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good for you.

Questions:

1) Where can I purchase stay certs for $109 a night and

2) What's the number of Diamond Concierge?

5. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    First, there are capacity controls. You'll need to see which certificates a property takes, and also check through the reservations agents which ones they are accepting for your chosen night(s). There is no reason to purchase multi-night certificates, as there is no volume discount and it limits your flexibility. No points or stay credit is awarded when using these certificates.
    https://www.certificates.hyatt.com/
    https://www.certificates.hyatt.com/ParticipationLocations.aspx
    also, take a look at:
    http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewf...-rates-by-selling-stay-certificates-for-less/

THREEA4ME likes this.
  6. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks so much -- looking at the Andaz Wall Street for weekend stay if possible