Can any airline fly profitably — and safely — in India?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by uggboy, Jan 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can any airline fly profitably — and safely — in India?:confused:

MORE: http://www.firstpost.com/business/can-any-airline-fly-profitably-and-safely-in-india-175842.html

Kalboz and Jimgotkp like this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just got this email from Kingfisher:

Dear Mr. HaveMilesWillTravel,

I would like to wish you and your family a very happy new year.
    Aviation industry in our country has experienced a rather trying phase last year. Being an integral and significant part of the industry we had our share of struggle too. However, much of it was more speculative than factual. As any prudent business would, we did what we had to do - ensure that our business ran as usual. I truly appreciate your belief in us and continued business.
    Like all the other years in the life of Kingfisher Airlines, 2011 has also been a year of several global accolades. I was honored to receive the Best Leisure and Business Airline in India award at the prestigious Conde Nast Traveller Readers Choice Awards. We were also voted the Best Indian Airline at the Business Travelers Award in UK. I am proud to say that we are the only airline in the subcontinent to have been voted the Best Indian Airline by Skytrax for the third consecutive year. Our frequent flyer programme, King Club, received global recognition during the Frequent Travelers Awards held in the USA.
    An exciting phase of our lives begins in 2012, as we join the prestigious global airline alliance, oneworld®. I am indeed proud and humbled by the fact that we are the first carrier in South Asia to be joining any global airline alliance. It's a true reflection of the exacting global standards of safety and service that we consistently deliver. oneworld offers you 950 destinations across 150 countries, and you as a prestigious King Club member, would enjoy unique privileges. oneworld has three elite levels - Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby. King Platinum members would now hold the Emerald status, King Gold - Sapphire and King Silver - Ruby. Each level offers you privileges like Priority Boarding, Priority Seating, Lounge access and more around the world, across 12 participating oneworld carriers.
    With our fleet being reconfigured, we are now working towards offering you - in a phased manner - our award winning Kingfisher First and Kingfisher Class experience across the Airbus network and Kingfisher Class service across the ATR network.
    Your opinion has always been highly valued. Please do write in to me at chairman@flykingfisher.com.

Thank you once again and look forward to Good Times in 2012.
    Best wishes to you and your loved ones.

Warm Regards,

[​IMG]

Dr. Vijay Mallya
    Member of Parliament

Chairman and Managing Director
    Kingfisher Airlines Limited

Flyer1976 and uggboy like this.