Can American Cancel Held Reservations Within 24 Hours?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Mar 18, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

I posted yesterday about American's amazing ~$450 roundtrip business class fares between Washington and Beijing, which were available for a few hours. Tickets were issued and so far we haven't officially heard whether they'll honor the fares or not. I suspect they will, since this does seem to fall pretty clearly within the Department of Transportation's prohibition on post-purchase price increases, and there was no "trickery" involved here. So far everyone I've heard from that issued a ticket has their reservation intact. However, many people that held these tickets are reporting that they're being canceled. Last night I specifically recommended issuing these tickets rather than holding them if you really do want to take the trip. But then again, a lot of people don't listen to me, and are surprised this morning. ;) The post Can American Cancel Held Reservations Within 24 Hours? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...