Can a revenue ticket from JFK-XXX be used LGA-XXX and vice-versa (space available)?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by roundo, Jul 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. roundo
    Original Member

roundo Active Member

Status Points:
    And, if so, can it be used with a change of airports as the destination?

2. ryandc99
    Original Member

ryandc99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you are a diamond, some agents will allow Co-Terminal SDC on a case by case basis. I have been successful with agents at Skyclubs who know me, making this change.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  3. mersk862
    Original Member

mersk862 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Coterminal SDC is allowed only for DMs. If an agent disagrees tell them to check the KM entry for SDC...it states it in there that it is allowed.

DeltaExpert and ryandc99 like this.
  4. ryandc99
    Original Member

ryandc99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you. I didn't know it was a "real" benefit. I thought it was just an unannounced one. Why isn't it listed on the DL website?

5. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    unofficial benefit for DM's

6. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Official benefit actually :) Just not printed on the website but it is available to the agents via their manuals.

-RM

7. monitor
    Original Member

monitor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had never had any trouble with this in the past but yesterday in DCA I was refused at the SC with the statement that the co-terminal designation does not apply only in the case of the Shuttle. Since I was trying to change DCA-JFK to DCA-LGA (which had been more than $200 more expensive when I booked), I was forced to stay stuck.

8. dream7
    Original Member

dream7 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is easier to get any airline, not just Delta, to change to a coterminal destination, rather than a coterminal origin. Also, if it doesn't work, you can just fly the original routing since you are at the correct airport to depart.

9. monitor
    Original Member

monitor Gold Member

Status Points:
    However, it is a piece of cake to get DL to give you, for example, DCA-XXX instead of IAD-XXX or LGA-XXX in place of the JFK-XXX (again excluding the Shuttle) you are holding if there is availability three hours out.

Also, if you are at the airport and there is an irregularity causing a problem, they can and will move you from one to the other as they did last year sending my nephew to LGA for his flight to RDU when his late incoming destroyed his connection at JFK.

10. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    For Diamonds, yes. Co-terminal SDC is a perk for DM. But it's not a perk for other elite levels at DL.

-RM