calling Hyatt Gold Passport experience

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Thomask, May 22, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since there are no systemwide current Hyatt promotions :( I thought I provide a little feedback on my experience from contacting HGP. Yesterday I called the HGP number in China to make a point and cash (p&C) reservation. I was on hold for 16 minutes :mad: before an associate was free to assist me.
    Fortunately I was able to make the p&c reservation on my desired dates. Unfortunately one still has to call in and see if there is availability using p&c. At the end I ask for a HGP Diamond direct line and was given a slightly different number from the one I used. I hope my waiting time on my next call will be shorter! Do you normally get an Hyatt associate rather quickly when you call or what is your experience?

uggboy likes this.
  2. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I've never had a wait on the Diamond line, but I don't know that I've ever called the regular line. Even as a Hyatt Homer, I'm a bit disappointed that it's been over a year and you still need to call to handle a P&C reservation. I heard recently that the tech folks are pushing out a bunch of projects. Very much hoping it is.

uggboy, viguera, Thomask and 2 others like this.
  3. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    More annoying than needing to call for a P&C reservation is having to call to have those points put back into my account after I cancel online.

uggboy and Thomask like this.
  4. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't call, I use email or private message/conversation to Gold Passport Concierge. Much easier and I believe they staff it 24/7 by their best people. (If I can't do it online).

-David

uggboy and Thomask like this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    My experience with the Diamond line has been mostly positive, but I often find "that CSR" that just seems to be terribly lazy or uninformed.

uggboy likes this.
  6. Betty Boop

Betty Boop Gold Member

Status Points:
    I recently had a negative experience with HGP that turned very POSITIVE. As I was checking on an upcoming reservation I noticed in my account history that 12,000 points had been deducted as if I had paid with points for a meal in the Altitude restaurant in Denver (where I did dine in May). I should have had some points added and a 12k points meal would have been fabulous! Needless to say this was not very pleasant to see.
    I called HGP desk (don't remember the wait time) and spoke to a very nice person who promised to contact the hotel restaurant. I assured him that I had paid for the meal and would be happy to send Amex receipt. He promised to get back to me via email (my preference) and he did so within 24 hrs. The hotel did not know what happened but agreed to reinstate my points, give me credit for the meal I did have and as a courtesy for my trouble post some additional points. This all happened at the beginning of this past week so have not had a chance to confirm posting.
    Overall a very good experience but a warning to periodically check your points!

LIH Prem, alfagirl and uggboy like this.