Caller ID failing on first call to call canter-conversion woes

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by jbcarioca, Jun 6, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Has everyone had the same problems during the last few days?

Calls to the EXP and CK desks have been requiring entry of AAdvantage number and zip code priro to transfer, then announce long wait times (mine were 32 min and 27 min) although the CK desk answered in a few seconds.

Allegedly this happens mostly only once, while the new systems learn the caller ID's used by the customers. So far i have had to do this twice.

uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Many complaining of similar on Twitter that I've seen.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have also read that they will now only store one number. I hope that isn't so. Depending on where I am in the world, I use one of three different numbers to call them.

uggboy likes this.
  4. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are some solutions where you can consolidate numbers into one. Personally don' use, but have a couple of friends who do and like the google solution.

uggboy likes this.
  5. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lots of problems, seems like their system is "schizo", sometimes recognizes number, sometimes not, sometimes tells me in detail what I can't carry on a plane, doesn't recognize when I say "continue" to avoid some of this, etc.
    They have also added a "tell me what you're calling about", which is useless for EP since making a res, changing a res, etc. are all done by the same person. ARRRgh!

uggboy likes this.
  6. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just say "main menu" then "agent". Gets you straight to a human.

uggboy, alfagirl, estnet and 2 others like this.
  7. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    still doing it on June 28

uggboy likes this.
  8. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have yet to make a call post-change where I was not asked for my AAdvantage number.

uggboy likes this.
  9. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    Brodyf, you must be blessed, because "main menu" combined with "agent" only returns a prompt asking for my advantage number. wow, can't even recognize out phone numebrs

uggboy and brodyf like this.
  10. okrogius

okrogius Silver Member

Status Points:
    Be sure your number is listed as the cell phone number on your profile, that's the only number recognized. (Similarly, it should be listed on only one account.)

uggboy likes this.
  11. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    yes, when i call from the cell phone number it does remember my name and account. cool. even AA is trying to phase out landline phones.

uggboy and brodyf like this.
  12. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    I used the EXP call center yesterday and it worked fine. It recognized my cell number and asked what I wanted help with. I said "Agent" and was transferred to a human right away. My early morning flight from FAT to DFW was delayed which was putting my 47 minute connection is jeopardy. I was able to get them to back me up on the next flight. (Fortunately I made the mad dash sprint and made it to the gate in time to make my original connecting flight and keep my upgrade!)

uggboy likes this.
  13. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    The system has been updated now well enough that it recognizes me from home numbers and mbile numbers for both brazil and US, not to mention Mrs. jbc's mobile numbers too. Obviously, following teh slightly rocky start they have more capacity and fewer limitations than they formerly did. This thread should probably be retired now.

14. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe if you call the Brazil desk it would be a bette choice. Now systems are OK, but whenever it's hard to call Exp Desk I just try Brazil numbers and it's fast. Since you live in Rio you should give that a try.

jbcarioca likes this.
  15. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have done that several times. It is better except when I am using AirPass because the brazil desk knows nothing about AirPass and have been unable to manage the details. The EXP desk is better, but I almost always end out at the CK desk, where everyone knows exactly how to handle the issues. This morning, for example i found out my flight GIG-MIA for tomorrow had been cancelled. I needed to go tonight then, in order to make my appointments in MIami. The CK desk managed to arrange the same discounted AirPass charge and also obtained my eVIP upgrade on the single remaining Business class seat. The Brazil desk has never managed such feats. In the meantime the updates have been completed and the issues that spawned the thread no longer apply.

I can say that no station I have ever been with AA or any other US flag carrier comes close to matching the excellence of GIG, for me anyway. I no longer even consider another airline when traveling GIG-USA.

Eloy Fonseca Neto likes this.
  16. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    You're right, AA needs to upgrade their customer service here in Brasil.