Called KrisFlyer Phone Number and Now I am Confused.

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by merice107, Jun 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

I have been saving up to redeem some Amex MR (transferred to SQ KF miles) for a while now for me and my wife. I am a week or two away from scheduling the flight since award space shows up on the site for June 9, 2014 and I want to fly June 12 or 13, 2014.

I want to fly:
    SQ 11 suites class (one saver and one standard)
    SQ 462 business class (since that is the highest)

According to their award chart to go from NRT-MLE would cost 82500 at the saver level and 160000 at the standard level (suites class). However, I wanted to see if there was a way I could reserve the standard fare for SQ11 but then only business saver for both of us on SQ462.

The guy on the phone told me it would be 250,000 Krisflyer miles for EACH PERSON. Is that right?

At that point it would be better to book each of us on separate tickets (one for SQ 11 at 175000 [one saver and one standard] and one for SQ462 [59500 after the online discount]). I am just weary of that in case SQ 11 is delayed and then we are stuck. Or are we ok since we are on SQ? That would come out to less than 234500 (still need to factor in the SQ11 online discounts).

I thought I had everything figured out; until tonight...:confused: