Call free internationally this weekend.

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by rizwank, Aug 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rizwank

rizwank Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all.

I run a phone company; and I need to test some additional routes we've setup in our system. I thought that it'd be better to share with my MP and FT friends rather than just have an automated script test the calls. If you share this, please do so with at least a little care.

I ask that you don't use it to call premium numbers (it shouldn't work anyhow); avoid calling China, India, Canada, US - we know they work already, and don't go nuts on the calls. If one number calls a ton, or calls a particular number a ton, we'll have to block it. I'm particularly interested in calls to Africa, Latin and South America, and Central Asia. =)

Just dial (626) 200-4136; and dial the number you want. 011+countrycode+number #.

626 is a Southern California area code, in case you were concerned.
    Service is provided as-is, with no warranties at all.

If you have major problems connecting to some particular region/country, pm or reply here.

2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd have people PM you for the phone number just to be safe and control the spread of the number. God forbid it gets out on some blog or a website (milepoint/slickdeals etc) and you get some people making high cost calls...

Kalboz and marcwint55 like this.
  3. rizwank

rizwank Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nah, I'm fine with it getting distributed and linking to this post. It's capped at a certain amount of spend; so it'll just stop working. I almost put it on slickdeals myself; but I think it's more likely to get arbs then. I am giving away thousands of dollars of international credit; I just want it to get used (and for many countries, especially africa, asia, south am.)

Kalboz, aptraveler, Mapsmith and 2 others like this.
  4. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you allow calls to foreign mobile numbers for free as well?
    Those are normally much more expensive than calls to landlines.

Kalboz, aptraveler and marcwint55 like this.
  5. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info. My brother lives in Bangkok and this will come in handy.

Kalboz and aptraveler like this.
  6. rizwank

rizwank Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, we encourage mobile calls.
    I need to test quite a bit of wholesale credit and test my connections. Testing landlines is a LOT easier than mobiles. Please call.. a lot!

Kalboz, aptraveler and Mapsmith like this.
  7. rizwank

rizwank Silver Member

Status Points:
    slickdeals thinks its a scam. of course the accuser didn't think about how it might be a scam... its a local number.

Kalboz, aptraveler and Mapsmith like this.
  8. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't really feel like chatting tonight, but some of our international members should speak up that they are available so people can pm for their phone number and give them a call... Move Milepoint to voice communication.

Kalboz and aptraveler like this.
  9. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice gesture. Unfortunately I don't know anyone overseas to call. (I do have a niece in Hong Kong but don't have a number for her. FB is quicker anyway)

But I will give you a couple of MP "likes" for the gesture.

Kalboz likes this.
  10. aptraveler

aptraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks rizwank for this offer. Is a bit late to call tonight, but I will try the service tomorrow. Have friends and relatives who I haven't heard from in a while in South America! ;)

Kalboz and rizwank like this.
  11. OverThereTooMuch

OverThereTooMuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Which is ironic, considering the way those scumbags abuse deals all the time (esp. in the freebies forum). After your test is complete, you should post some anonymous stats, like X people completed Y minutes of calls, and ask them to explain what the scam could possibly be here. They will give away addresses/other personal info for ANY freebie, so they aren't concerned about personal info being collected.

Kalboz likes this.
  12. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I placed a call today to the Park Hyatt in Japan to order some museum tickets for our upcoming stay. The reception was excellent. Thanks again for the use of your number.

Mapsmith and Kalboz like this.
  13. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    My mother called couple of numbers to Sweden and also spoke to her niece in Paris, France and the voice quality was "pin-drop" quality. She also tried her friend in New Zealand to no avail as the line rang and rang and no one picked the phone ... excellent however! :) Thanks for the offer!

Mapsmith likes this.
  14. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for this! goalie-dad called the family in Paris and a friend in Cairo with no issues and very clear call quality on both calls.

Mapsmith likes this.
  15. rizwank

rizwank Silver Member

Status Points:
    Glad it worked out goalie!

goalie and Mapsmith like this.