Call Centre: Problems booking redemptions ? The DC callcentre (ICC) Shenanigans Thread

Discussion in 'bmi | Diamond Club' started by G_G, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. G_G
    Original Member

G_G Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, we will certainly need this thread !!
    Welcome Everybody [​IMG]

2. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes it always amazes me why DC seems to have so much trouble with calculating taxes and ticketing bookings.

We all love Diamond Club and who wouldn't with their tremendous redemption rates. My personal dealings with the ICC have usually been excellent I have to say and by doing a little bit of homework beforehand searching for availability I have managed to get what I wanted without any hassle.
    However what mystifies me is the sometimes Heath Robinson type way they sometimes calculate the taxes/charges. It's as if they just pluck a figure out of the air and hope you will accept it.....always higher than you have calculated rather than lower I might add.
    That's the part that always worries me whenever I go to make a booking. Everything goes according to plan......they see your flights and connections then hit you with the tax/charges figure. On my last booking it was 30% higher than I had bargained for. Despite asking them to check again which took all of ten seconds she came back and said they were correct. I just paid up but despite it being a good value redemption it did leave a bad taste in the mouth. How do they manage to get the taxes/charges so wrong on some occasions?

Again on the FT we have seen that it has taken the intervention of Joanna to get £300 of taxes back for the member who changed his booking. How on earth can the ICC so easily dismiss the refund of £300 as being non refundable? This isn't a rant......just an observation.

G_G likes this.
  3. It seems like 90% of the time I have to ask them after they have told me the taxes (knowing what they should be by calculating on my own) to "check again"...and essentially always, they eventually agree and it goes lower. It amazes me how much in extra "taxes" they must collect from the unsuspecting!

4. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    But why do they do this I ask myself?

Do they get a % from the overcharges? [​IMG]

5. calvinoeh
    Original Member

calvinoeh Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    First time booking BMI redemption..

Been trying to book PEN-BKK-PEK-ICN-HND//NRT-PEK-SIN-BKK-PEN. Seats all confirmed (see the flights/seats on checkmytrip) and provided credit card number. Waited a week and ticket still not issued and no miles taken out. SQ cancelled the seats on their flights but thankfully the seats are still there. Now trying to get BMI to issue the tickets again.

So frustrating... not sure why it is that hard to issue the tickets..

6. G_G
    Original Member

G_G Gold Member

Status Points:
    If a booking has SQ flights, it must be ticketed before 24 hours or SQ will cancel the flights

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I booked BKK-BOM-JNB-CPT//CPT-JNB-EZE-SCL-YYZ-LGA//EWR-SJU as an award last week. The BKK-CPT is Zone 7-6 and the CPT-SJU is Zone 6-4 (with a stopover in NYC and a 23:20 connection in EZE). Simple, right?

Of course not. They started with a Zone 7-4 award plus Zone 4-3 plus Zone 3-4. Needless to say I was not amused. After 2 hours they finally admitted that I was correct in the mileage calculations and charged me the correct numbers, roughly half of what they originally proposed.

And the takes seemed unreasonably high but my Skype connection was flaking out and I didn't have time to figure it out myself to dispute their numbers so I just accepted it and moved on.