Cabo Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by mapenn, Jun 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. mapenn

mapenn Silver Member

Status Points:
    We're really excited about staying at the Hilton at Los Cabos next month. When I logged in today to see if all was OK, it offered a "guaranteed" room upgrade from our deluxe oceanview room to a junior suite oceanview for about 1,500 HHonors points per night. Which, ironically, adds up to about the remaining balance of my HHonors account!

I'll probably go ahead and pull the trigger on it because I won't have much use for 7,000 points after this trip. But was wondering, as a Gold member, would I be eligible for this as a free upgrade upon arrival (if available) anyway? Are these "guaranteed" upgrade deals typically good values? Might there be a better upgrade if I wait upon arrival? Just curious how that stuff works!

Kalboz likes this.
  2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    AFAIK, HH Gold members are not guaranteed a free upgrade upon arrival even when availability is there. It all depends on the property and the FD clerk.

I'd pull the trigger on the 1,500 HH points per night upgrade to guaranty a suite. Regardless, even if you don't get an upgrade, the deluxe rooms are spacey, colorful, and airy ... [​IMG]

mapenn likes this.
  3. mapenn

mapenn Silver Member

Status Points:
    nice - is that you in the Cabo Hilton?

Kalboz likes this.
  4. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yea, that's me in a deluxe room overlooking the ocean back in 9/2007 ... at around 450 SQFT, room was plenty enough for the two of us. Room also had a nice folkloric decor & colors. Dunno why I cannot display the photo any larger.

Gotta warn you though, the Los Cabos town is at least 20 miles away but there is a Hilton shuttle that will take you back & forth.

5. mapenn

mapenn Silver Member

Status Points:
    we had a great time at the Cabo Hilton! Beautiful resort!

Kalboz likes this.