Cabin crew to be taught how to whisper

Discussion in 'Virgin Atlantic | Flying Club' started by sobore, Feb 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/bizarre/cabin-crew-to-be-taught-how-to-whisper-541565.html

A British airline has appointed a whispering coach to help cabin crew to avoid disturbing Upper Class passengers.

Virgin Atlantic is teaching staff to whisper to its highest-paying passengers during a one-day training course ahead of the opening of its Upper Class Dream Suite.

Virgin's customerservice training supervisor and new whispering coach Richard Fitzgerald is aiming to achieve "the most comfortable experience possible" for the airline's customers.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/bizarre/cabin-crew-to-be-taught-how-to-whisper-541565.html#ixzz1nhZsXcYt

airshadow and Flyer1976 like this.
  2. Whendoublewidesfly

Whendoublewidesfly Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wrote about this on my blog. I find it really funny that Virgin is teaching their crew how to whisper. However, I always have to ask the flight attendants to speak up. Interesting to see if it works

sobore likes this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I actually learned to whisper when I was three years old. Not sure who Virgin is hiring as cabin attendants.:)

Whendoublewidesfly likes this.
  4. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had to check the date of the article to make sure it wasn't April 1! I never had a problem with their decibel level; most of the time they weren't even around!

5. brkelly007

brkelly007 Active Member

Status Points:
    To be honest, I actually applaud this. I flew VS too many times last year (ie, to the level where I really start to notice things), and I always thought the FAs would fail to whisper quietly, and not just in upper class. I only noticed it on the redeyes, but I definitely noticed it on multiple flights.

I would love to learn how you become a whisper coach though...