C&P smoking only Hotel Danieli?

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by farbster, May 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. farbster

farbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    We were told that the Hotel Danieli in Venice only has smoking rooms for C&P's. If we wanted a non-smoking room, we would have to use all points.

Anyone else had this experience?

Thanks

2. tebfunk

tebfunk Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had this problem with other SPG hotels in Italy - a quick email to the hotel after making the reservation has worked well.

3. farbster

farbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    After talking to the SPG people, all the non smoking rooms that were allocated for C&P were gone. We ended up using all points to get the non-smoking room. I will continue to monitor the situation, as some non-smoking C&P rooms may become available if someone cancels.

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    See my answer on TOBB.

5. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    This quite a common occurance with some (SPG) European hotels notably in Italy and Spain. if you booked an award using points only (as I seem understand it) I doubt C& P roooms will open up later unless your stay falls in the low season.
    I have found that the properties tend to be very accomodating with such requests but they will not confirm a non-smoking room (if your booking was smoking) until arrival.

On a side note why not see if you can get a C & P room at the Europa & Regina their rooms tend to be generally nicer than the Daneilli anyway.

6. farbster

farbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    The online ratings of the Europa seemed worse than the Danieli (at least according to my MIL who is coming on the trip with us). I don't think they had availability in any event.

7. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well.. I guess the MIL has it settled anyway :D... so no real point my stating my opinion ( despite having stayed at both properties :) )

8. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just today I had c&p (as well as higher category rooms) open up at le meridien Mauritius for an upcoming stay after months of nor being available. Different hotel and market, but was surprised to see so much open up. Rebooked into c&p and saved some points.