BWI Passes Dulles In The Passenger Game

Discussion in 'BWI/DCA/IAD | Washington D.C. Area Airports' started by sobore, Feb 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Newscience and uggboy like this.
  2. Fishing4Deals

Fishing4Deals Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Washington Post recently reported that DCA had the most departures of the 3 metro DC airports.

Newscience likes this.
  3. Flying Machine

Flying Machine Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good to know. I actually like IAD for the lounges. In BWI, I have only used the 1 lounge in the UA terminal, AMEX Platinum got me in.. I have a flight with a long layover in BWI, which lounges does all those PAX use??

Newscience likes this.
  4. Fishing4Deals

Fishing4Deals Silver Member

Status Points:
    OMG. A layover at BWI is a perfect opportunity to grab lunch at Obryckis Bar and Restaurant. This is the iconic Baltimore crab house famous for their crabcakes since 1944. Not your typical airport fare. Look for them on concourse B.

Newscience likes this.
  5. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    You bet! There's nothing like crab and eggs for breakfast! And you can also get this (with a bit faster service) at Phillip's Seafood inside BWI.

There's a boatload of newer shops and restaurants that have recently opened in the last year or so at BWI, including:

- BGR burgers
    - Pinkberry Yogurt
    - Tumi
    - Invicta Watches

You can see an updated listing at: http://www.bwiairport.com/en/shops/shop-dine

6. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Expect BWI to continue in these record numbers of passengers travelling through the airport. During holidays, the long term parking lots fill up quickly. With ~25,000 available parking spaces at all the BWI parking lots, it would be no surprise to find all the parking lots to be completely filled up during a high-traffic holiday, such as the upcoming Thanksgiving weekend. BWI is Southwest Airlines (SWA) huge central hub for the metro Baltimore/D.C. area, and their presence at BWI continues to grow. SWA/AirTran has had sole use of Terminals A and B at BWI, and they are now making huge inroads in Terminal C. And it's no surprise to find huge lines at the SWA desks at BWI at 5:00 am through 8:00 pm 7 days a week.