BWI Marshall Airport Introduces Free Wi-Fi Option

Discussion in 'BWI/DCA/IAD | Washington D.C. Area Airports' started by sobore, Aug 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.aviationnews.net/?do=headline&news_ID=208490

Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport announced that free wireless Internet access is now available for travelers. The airport offers a complimentary, basic Wi-Fi service along with a paid, premium service.
    Travelers selecting the complimentary wireless option will watch a brief advertisement before the 45-minute wireless session. Customers may use as many free sessions as they choose. A fee-based Wi-Fi service is also available for travelers who prefer greater-bandwidth or an uninterrupted, commercial-free session.

Read More: http://www.aviationnews.net/?do=headline&news_ID=208490

2. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's been free wi-fi at the McDonald's in pier D.

sobore likes this.
  3. LXJenkins
    Original Member

LXJenkins Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, I've always found that wifi connection to be painfully slow.

4. pyndasky

pyndasky Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wonder how "brief" is the "brief advertisement". I guess I'll have to check it out on Friday. The Mickey D's has worked for me over the past year. If you sit on the stools near the outlets by McDonald's the signal is not too bad...

5. pyndasky

pyndasky Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I checked out the "free wi fi" last week on my way through BWI. The announcement is only about 30 seconds, like a TV commercial. The biggest problem is that the signal is weak and not available throughout the airport. I was able to pick it up at one end of councourse D, but not the other. Also, I could not pick it up at all downstairs on the baggage level.