BWI Airspace Lounge

Discussion in 'BWI/DCA/IAD | Washington D.C. Area Airports' started by Rob, Mar 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haven't seen anything posted over here about this lounge. I recently was in BWI and decided to stop in. I don't have a mifi nor Boingo account, so it was going to cost me $7.95 to pay for wifi Internet access and probably another $8 for lunch, so paying $16 (including taxes and a $3 discount for being a paid airline club member) seemed not outrageous considering it included wifi, a sandwich, assorted drinks, and a quiet place to relax. No pictures, sorry.
    Power outlets were plentiful, bathroom was clean and private to the lounge, no showers, wifi speed was decent, and it has a great view of the tarmac and runways. The location is next to the UA gates. The sandwich was ok and the coffee was good.
    Amex Plat and Centurion apparently get in free, kind of wish UA would contract with them as well for United Club members.

iolaire and rwoman like this.
  2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. jhflau11
    Original Member

jhflau11 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Been there a few time. Got in with my AMEX Platinum. It's a nice space. If you go in with your AMEX they give you a meal voucher for one free item on the menu. They'll give you one voucher for each person you bring in.

4. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    You don't need to be using your Amex to get the meal voucher. I got one, and I didn't use an Amex but just paid for entry.

iolaire likes this.
  5. Dreamworks

Dreamworks Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if they're making any money. Their website mentions expansion, but I'm not so sure.

6. eddie

eddie Silver Member

Status Points:
  7. eddie

eddie Silver Member

Status Points:
    B to D is NOT accessible. Perhaps possible if security let's you through with a foreign boarding pass. Not sure how the trip report managed this.

8. pyndasky

pyndasky Silver Member

Status Points:
    considering this space was once occupied by a United Red Carpet Lounge, it is extremely annoying that UA doesn't negotiate a better deal for United Club members... especially since UA occupies all of the gates in this section of the D concourse.

9. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    O' course not. Never implied that it was.

Two things. In the trip report I left D and went landside to the DuClaw, which is
    outside security in A. If I'd wanted to go to Phillips, say, though, I could have
    used a BP for the other pier to get in. Might require a supervisor, but I have
    never been denied, having always had a good reason.

10. eddie

eddie Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will have to come up with something clever. Thanks for clarifying.