Buying Zone 1

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by TravelBear, Jul 19, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was booking a ticket on DL for a friend yesterday and as I was on the page that offers all kinds of upsells there was a new one I had not seen before. For $15 I could upgrade my friend to Zone 1 boarding. I don't book flights for friends normally and me being FO with the DL card my Zone 1 is automatic. Is this purchased upgrade new?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't think it is new. Buying in to priority boarding has been around on most airlines for a while now.

3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've seen a lot more "cheap" F upgrades as of late though, particularly to Florida.

My friend just flew LGA-MIA yesterday and at check-in was offered $179 R/T for an F upgrade, which is pretty much a no-brainer if you have no status. I've seen a few of those out to YYZ as well.

The interesting part is that their IT department is so behind though that you still get offered other items like Delta Comfort even if you're already flying F.

4. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you fly Delta a lot, getting one of their credit cards (e.g. the Pt Amex one) is probably a better deal.

DTWBOB

traveltoomuch likes this.