Buying with AAdvantage BOG-LIM (LANColombia)

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by npombo, Jul 1, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. npombo

npombo Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi All!

Well I'm not that fan of AAdvantage (I use it because my Citi credit card give me a lot of miles). I always use Avianca LifeMiles, and I like it a lot because I can buy other Star Alliance airlines tickets, for example I did a trip from BOGMGA, and I was able to buy it with LifeMiles and travelling with Copa.

I want to use my AAdvantage Miles with LANColombia for a trip with my girlfrind BOG-LIM-BOG. I know Avianca also operates this route, but I think is time to use my AAdvantage miles.

Do you guys know if its possible? And if it's possible, in which website I'm able to buy them? I tried the AA website, but I think they route me via MIA and I'm not going to fly to MIA, if I can take a 2 hour trip BOGLIM nonstop.

Thanks for your help!

2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    LAN awards using AA miles are not bookable online you need to call AA on the phone. You can check to see what's available on BA.com....although there have been times in the past when BA was unable to see LAN inventory correctly, but for the most part they generally reflect the same availability as AA.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    npombo likes this.
  3. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    The intra-S. America flights tend to be an issue with availability on BA's website.

npombo likes this.
  4. npombo

npombo Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks!

I browse for more information at the AA website, and yes, I need to call their callcenter to book my flight with LAN.