Buying something returnable on UA/CO website?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by phonehome, Apr 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. phonehome
    Original Member

phonehome Active Member

Status Points:
    Is there anything that I can buy on the UA or CO websites for arround or less than $100 and then get a full refund after returning the item?

I'm thinking RCC passes or perhaps a CO gift certificate...
    Does anyone have any experience with returns? I haven't been able to find anything in the terms and conditions.

2. rggale
    Original Member

rggale Gold Member

Status Points:
    Peculiar question...
    I mean, you can buy a fully refundable ticket.

3. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    From the Terms and Conditions of the 1-day RCC pass: One-time pass is non-refundable. ...so that doesn't seem to be an option for you. To get to the T&C, pretend like you are purchasing a 1-day pass. On the screen where you select the quantity, scroll to the bottom and click "Show >" to the right of "Terms and Conditions". The part about it being non-refundable is the last one.

I can't think of anything that you can purchase from the UA site and return other than a refundable ticket. I'm not sure if you can find one <$100 total, but BWI-BDL one-way is $174++ for the quick search that I did. I'm guessing you could find other refundable tickets for less (maybe)? Good luck :)

phonehome likes this.
  4. Billiken
    Original Member

Billiken Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes.
    More interested in the motive than the result.