buying points bonus?

Discussion in 'Qantas Airways | Frequent Flyer' started by Nicole Blaess-Smith, Aug 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Nicole Blaess-Smith
    Original Member

Nicole Blaess-Smith Silver Member

Status Points:
    Go Qantas ever have bonuses for buying points? (Much like US/AA etc. where if you buy x-points you receive a bonus?)

Apologies if this has been asked before. I couldn't find it.

2. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've never seen it, but that's not to say it can't happen. Only time I have been able to buy points is when I have been 15% (I think) shy of the amount needed for an awards redemption, and in that situation they do allow you to buy.

Chimpy and Mal like this.
  3. thewinchester
    Original Member

thewinchester Silver Member

Status Points:
    To the best of my knowledge, QF have never offered bonus for points purchases. As also said, up to 15% of the points needed for a specific flight award can be purchased, up to a maximum of 20k pts.

More info at: http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/program/usingPoints/topupPoints

QF are more likely to offer discounts on their awards, such as the at least once a year discount on Classic award purchases (normally around the 20% mark).

Sent using my Roman era abacus

4. AndrewW

AndrewW Silver Member

Status Points:
    The only really decent offers that QF have are their double status credit promos. Unfortunately these are only handed out to a (random) subset of the QFF membership each time they happen.

5. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is annoying to be overlooked year after year for the double status credits promo. Neither my husband or I have had a whiff of this promotion despite being Qantas FF members for 15+ years.

Chimpy likes this.
  6. Mal
    Original Member

Mal Silver Member

Status Points:
    Like others, I don't recall ever seeing a bonus points offer on the purchase of points. The only discounts I've seen is specials on some classic awards at various times of the year and discounts on redemptions for non-flying awards.

Chimpy likes this.