Buying Avois with bonus offer up to 6k Avios

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by daninstl, Oct 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I didn't see this on the forum but i just got an offer to buy Avios with a bonus of up to 6,000 avois if I buy 24,000 at about $685 for 30,000 net avios which is what 2.28 cents for avios. Seems like a decent deal if you need to top off an account. Basically they are giving a 100 bonus it you buy from 1 to 6k in avios, buy 7k to 12k you get 1k bonus, 13 to 18k gets 2k bonus, 19 to 23k gets 4k bonus and if you buy the maximum 24k you get a 6k bonus.

Any thoughts on this? Obviously the true value would be to use them domestically to avoid taxes on some short hauls. My goal it to have 45k for a certain trip and I'm sitting on about 17k right now. I'm thinking I would be better off going for the BA credit card 50k sign up in early 2013 instead but I'm always tempted by this bonus deals.

uggboy likes this.
  2. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here is the email wording. This may be targeted, don't know.

If your Avios balance doesn't quite stretch to the reward flight or upgrade you have your eye on, purchase more before 26 October 2012 and we'll give you a bonus of up to 6,000 Avios.

The more Avios you purchase, the better the bonus - simply check the chart below.

In addition, you can purchase up to 24,000 Avios for any number of your family and friends who are Executive Club Members - without affecting your personal allowance. And the great thing is, they'll also collect a bonus of up to 6,000 Avios.

You can still purchase 24000 Avios for yourself this year.

The more Avios you purchase, the better the bonus. So for example, if you purchase your annual allowance of 24,000 Avios now, you'll receive a bonus of 6,000 Avios. Just in time for a last minute getaway.

Warm regards,

James Hillier
    from the Executive Club