Buy Up To Chairmans

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Sean Colahan, Feb 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am considering buying up to Chairmans (from Gold) but am undecided, would love top their status and 100% miles bonus, but don't know if I am going to get to Europe this year to take advantage of the SWU's. Does anyone know the discount difference for the Club from Chairmans vs Gold?

2. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    $325 which should be $50 less, but does not compete with sale pricing. No redeposit fees for awards are great. Increased upgrade chances are a huge plus, but depends on the routes you fly (if you fly during off periods and are close to 100% as gold, I wouldn't value that too much.

3. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What about the value of Companion Tickets and Upgrade to FC on International Flights?....I've been thinking about the same thing and trying to determine if buying up is worth it as well. I have at least one International Flight coming up with a companion (non-status) and I would think it would almost pay for itself considering it all together. Double bonus, FC upgrade (maybe), no worries about extra bags and I can grant Silver (or is it Gold) on someone else.

Sean Colahan likes this.
  4. javacodeguy

javacodeguy Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can only grant Preferred status on other members if you hit the Special Dividends levels for this. 35k, 85k and 125k are the nomination levels. You don't get those just by having Chairman Preferred status. This gives people who earn the status, versus buying up or being comped, a little extra incentive.

Sean Colahan likes this.
  5. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ah....I didn't realize that....good to know! Thanks!

Sean Colahan likes this.