Buy up to chairmans preferred

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by milerunner, Feb 19, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. milerunner

milerunner Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd recommend it now, for 3,999.00 or less, depending on miles flown, it will get you the 8 systemwide upgrades on AA at the end of March.

ContinentalFan and jbcarioca like this.
  2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I personally value each of those upgrades at about $4,000, what I save on my typical usage. That gives a huge return for me, if I can absorb that many extra SWU's.

ContinentalFan and flyforawg like this.
  3. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't think you can buy up any more to chairmans, my account shows it restricted.

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. milerunner

milerunner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Probably because they know there are a group of people that would do it just to get the 8 SWU

jbcarioca and ContinentalFan like this.
  5. milerunner

milerunner Silver Member

Status Points:
    And to further things they are allowing you to get the 2 chairmans upgrades (must be booked by March 30th I'd assume) for travel at a later date! A total of 10 one way upgrades... I see an impulse trip happening soon in my future!

Attached Files:

6. ContinentalFan

ContinentalFan Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is a good deal.

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have received an email invite from US now twice, giving me the opportunity to buy up for $2499 (I'm US Platinum).

I don't know.

8. ContinentalFan

ContinentalFan Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you're going to get upgrades to business that work on AA and you fly international, it's worth it.

jbcarioca likes this.
  9. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is good to read the fine print. If you're already Executive Platinum on AA you do NOT get additional evips for adding CP status, that simply adds miles to the total which will credit to Lifetime status, so can trigger the Million Miler additional evils, but not the annual requalification evips.
    This is not explicitly stated, but the implication is clear. I called to ask what would happen and was told that all the details are still not "100% final" but double dipping appears verboten. if you do not now have Advantage Executive Platinum status then the status and evips will be forthcoming. For those of us who are already over-entitled, we just are allowed to continue our over-indudged ways, but not more perks.

I'd like to find out that this is incorrect.

10. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know. And that's the big question. I have a number of international trips that I want to take (that have been on the to-do list for some time)...but I also have literally hundreds of hours of PTO stacked up because I can't ever manage to get away. Hell, in 2014 I had actually scheduled some leisure trips that ended up getting canceled right before execution because last minute work responsibilities got in the way.

So I have use for the system wide upgrades that would be provided if I boosted up to CP (=AA EXP), but I need to weigh the probability that I will actually use them. Thus why I haven't pulled the trigger on that offer yet.

Bleh.

jbcarioca likes this.