Buy Miles get 100% bonus is back (June 6-30, 2011)

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Jenny & Curt, Jun 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    viguera, Horse, SC Flier and 3 others like this.
  2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Total cost for maximum total 100K miles (50K + 50K bonus) = $1,375.00 (plus 7.5% tax recovery charge)

T&Cs:
    Offer available for purchases made between June 6 and June 30, 2011, 11:59 MT. All purchases are non-refundable. Bonus mile amounts will be awarded upon completion of the transaction. The maximum number of Buy and/or Gift Bonus miles that can be received by one member for this offer is 50,000 bonus miles. All miles purchased beyond this limit will not be eligible for a bonus. Offer is subject to change. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Only purchases made online are eligible for the bonus. Miles purchased through Buy, Share or Gift Miles do not count towards Dividend Miles Preferred status. All other Dividend Miles Terms and Conditions apply. Please note that Dividend Miles accounts less than 12 days old are not permitted to Buy, Share or Gift miles. Award seats are capacity controlled and may not be available for the requested dates or mileage amounts.​

Miles are sold for $0.0275 per mile plus a tax recovery charge of 7.5%. GST/HST will be charged to Canadian residents. Miles purchased through Buy, Share or Gift Miles do not count towards Dividend Miles Preferred status. All other Dividend Miles Terms and Conditions apply. Please note that Dividend Miles accounts less than 12 days old are not permitted to Buy, Share or Gift Miles. All purchases are non-refundable.​

viguera and JohnDeere19 like this.
  3. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I love this...just got an email that says "June-only special"...righhtttt...

4. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    US continues to be the consolidator for *A business/first class tickets...

5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Buy with a US Airways credit card and get a few extra miles for your trouble. :)

And here I am wishing they actually gave you an extra bonus for using the toolbar. SMH. Looking gift horse in the mouth... :)

But between this and the 75% bonus from hotel transfers, some people must be sitting on some nice piles of Dividend miles. :)

6. Globalflyer
    Original Member

Globalflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just bought some. Now I hope I can convince a US agent to long-sell me a LH seat!

kellio likes this.
  7. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a really tempting offer... Not sure if I want to spend all my money I make this summer on a vacation while flying in J though... Will have to decide very soon I guess...

8. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    As I posted elsewhere, the steep increase in domestic airfares has convinced me to do this despite already having enough for 2x FC to Europe or Asia. We need two tickets EWR-PHX next April. Total cost in economy is about $1150 w/ taxes. 100,000 miles is $1,375. $112.50 extra to fly in First is a no-brainer.

Quasiconvexity likes this.
  9. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you're flying 10 months from now in April, prices will certainly drop closer to that travel date...I wouldn't base this decision on their "target" fares months out, and instead wait until they actually start looking at the inventory on that route and adjust the prices.

Also, I would be shocked if you couldn't find a ticket for a third of that price on Southwest once they extend their schedule that far out, if you jump on it right away.

viguera and SC Flier like this.
  10. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed... if I had to pay $500+ to go from EWR to PHX, I probably wouldn't go. :)

SC Flier likes this.
  11. theskyflyer
    Original Member

theskyflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't think I ever flew US Air, but I sure love buying their discounted miles to use on their partners.

Exiled in Express likes this.
  12. Redcap
    Original Member

Redcap Silver Member

Status Points:
    I really don't get why this offer exists. For USD 1400 i can go first class from Europe to Asia. LH First class here i come!

13. LN-FHU
    Original Member

LN-FHU Silver Member

Status Points:
    Redcap.....go for it, and if you get the chance....go for LX F also.... :)

Redcap likes this.
  14. vacation time

vacation time Active Member

Status Points:
    Bought with bonus only 70,000 to get around 3/4 for 2 Europe tickets buss. tickets. combine this with points from booking buddy and transfer in during 50 % bonus the mile cost is now only like 1300.
    Just did not want to spend the extra 500 this month Vegas trip coming up in a few weeks.. yippie

15. thefitworldtraveler
    Original Member

thefitworldtraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    With the Grand Slam promotion starting on Sept 1st and this 100% bonus on purchased miles going until sept 14th, does it make the most sense to purchase miles after Sept 1st since you may be able to get a "hit" with purchasing DM's?

SC Flier likes this.
  16. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! (With any luck, a hundred thousand times yes. ;))

17. adamu98

adamu98 Active Member

Status Points:
    any chance of this coming back before end of the slam do you think??

18. wheat27
    Original Member

wheat27 Silver Member

Status Points:
    While I don't have any insight into the purchase bonus coming back, I'll be holding out until the last possible moment do grand slam in hopes that it will come back in time

Quasiconvexity likes this.
  19. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they came up with it again, even if it was in November.

They had a promo in May for the 75% bonus on hotel transfers, the 100% bonus on purchases in June and again the 100% bonus on sharing in July. Hopefully we'll see something before GS2011 is over.

Quasiconvexity and wheat27 like this.