Business-travel related Programs for Kiva staff and fellows

Discussion in 'KivaDO2 | 2013' started by canucklehead, Sep 3, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Based on discussions with Kiva, approximately 30% of costs Kiva has are travel related. One point that has been brought up was how do they become more savvy with their travel so that they can accrue benefits from the plane tickets that they purchase.

Would someone like to volunteer some time and do an analysis of the DL Skybonus, UA PerkPlus and AA Business Extra program to see if this would work for Kiva?

YULtide, kellio, MissBurrill and 2 others like this.
  2. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    More than happy to do an analysis but the best results would be based upon Kiva being willing to provide detail about routes, fares, frequencies, etc. For instance, each business rewards program can include flights on partner airlines (subject to some conditions) and Kiva would not be precluded from participating in more than one program for business rewards.

As an entirely separate twist - the potential savings to Kiva might be far greater with a corporate-negotiated discount than by participating in the rewards programs. None of the three programs allow participation by organizations with negotiated corporate discounts.

iolaire, IDGflygirl, YULtide and 4 others like this.
  3. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:

That would be great.

I have previously recommended the latter approach, but one consideration is that they often select the lowest fares on any carrier.

I will convo you to bring this initiative forward.

4. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will be happy to help, i looked at one the UA programs about a year ago