Business first v First

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by jgg630, Oct 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Coming home from Europe on Star Alliance award and need to know if there is a discernible difference between Business First and First.

2. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    First class is usually much nicer than business class, but there is a lot of variation between airlines - the best business class beats the worst first class.

Which airlines are available to you?

3. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    BusinessFirst is united's J.GlobalFirst is F.I think their business is completely fine and catering is basically the same in but F gets a soup too so save your miles.if your flight is within 14 days try to snag an LH F

4. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lufthansa first can only be booked 14 days out? I'll be on a cruise and don't want to leave my return up in the air. I'm seeing First and Business First disappear every day and I'm booking for May. I have United miles so am trying to find the best way back.

I am cruising into Barcelona then thinking of flying to Vienna for a few days then want to do an Open Jaw (I think that's what it is called) for a night in Brussels because seems to be more availability out of Brussels. Could do Frankfurt also.

5. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    where are you flying to?

6. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Houston

7. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Correct

I'd do TK to IAH since the lounge is in IST phenomenal,77W seats are comfortable and great food onboard too!

Mikus33 and MX like this.
  8. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just book something now to be safe and look at options (like LH F) as it gets closer

9. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    LH F out of Houston is nearly mission impossible... very rarely opens up... its their new product on A380... so... appearently they are not very keen on giving it away... :confused:

10. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will be coming back to Houston.

11. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Booked First coming back from Brussels. Will spend a few days in Barcelona then fly to Brussels for a few days. Thanks for all your input.

Wandering Aramean likes this.