Business Extraa - one way award?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by NYC_Gal, Sep 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. NYC_Gal
    Original Member

NYC_Gal Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can I use half the required points for a one way award? The T&C said it's valid for 1-way or RT award, but not sure if it'll cost the same amount of points.
    Thanks.

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Sorry no one has commented so far. I don't know much about the Business ExtrAA program. Bump....?

3. Titans26

Titans26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It will cost the same amount of points for one way or roundtrip. Business ExtrAA does not offer one way flight awards, however they do offer one way upgrade awards.

I recently redeemed a first class award JFK - LAX. First class was only available one way (fri), coach was only available on the return (sun). I was unable to do a half coach/half first class award. 3200 points were deducted from my account. Which is the award level for a domestic first class round trip.

Things do change. I would double check with your Business ExtrAA rep.

miles and smiles likes this.
  4. AmericanAirlines

AmericanAirlines Official Representative

Status Points:
    NYC_Gal - Titans26 is correct.

THe points value for a Business ExtrAA flight award remains the same if the award is used roundtrip or one-way. The points value also remains the same if a stopover is added to the trip within the valid routing of the award. For example, one Business ExtrAA flight award can be used to fly DFW-LGA LGA-ORD ORD-DFW.