Business ExtrAA - Enroll receive 5,000 Aadvantage miles

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Titans26, Sep 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Titans26

Titans26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    New Business ExtrAA promotion for new enrollees, 5,000 Aadvantage Miles

Www.businessextraa.com

Referral code: SME3Q11

You can enroll any type of business in this program. You can start or envision a new business today and enroll today. Great program to add your employee's, children's, spouse, companion and family flights for additional free tickets, upgrades, Admirals Club passes.

2. travlr

travlr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Technically need to have two traveling employees I think. I'm self employed and it's just me, so I'm not eligible. :(

3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure where it says that... they ask you how many employees are in your company during registration, but it's a range (1-10, etc) and they don't ask for specifics. And as far as post-registration, they give you your AA Extra account number which you're supposed to used during bookings, but AFAIK there's nothing in the program where you have to actually go in and list the travelling employees.

Incidentally, this promo ends 1/31 and the miles are not supposed to actually post until 6-8 weeks after the promo end date, so keep that in mind if you're doing it just for the miles, since it's going to take a while to post.

4. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm already enrolled.... dammit!!! 5K miles would come in a great day for me, specially with those changes of MM in December!!!

5. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info, Titans!

6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    My company is in.

FriendlySkies and viguera like this.
  7. NYC_Gal
    Original Member

NYC_Gal Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unless they changed the rules, you can enroll if you're self-employed. I have friends who had done so.

8. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a great sounding deal - thanks OP!

9. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some of the promo codes would require either minimum spend or multiple users to fly using the Extraa #. I don't think this is one of them, or at least I didn't see anything about that.

10. travlr

travlr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Self employed with no other employees? Although, I've been thinking of hiring a few peons to help with my workload, so maybe it'd be moot by then.

I read through their T&Cs before I booked my first business trip on AA, and it said two traveling employees. I could always just call and ask I guess. I don't have a problem with minimum spend, it's just the number of employees part that has prevented me from signing up such a shame too!

11. al613
    Original Member

al613 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is it just for sign up? No need to buy a ticket?

12. swag
    Original Member

swag Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't see any reference to the signup bonus on the linked page. And googling for "SME3Q11" yields only this thread and a few Boarding Area blog posts that refer back to your post.

Can you share where did you see the signup bonus info? Or how did you hear about the bonus code?

13. travlr

travlr Silver Member

Status Points:
    @swag:

I got an email with the offer/code.

Email:

Dear travlr,

American Airlines offers a suite of business travel products created for companies like yours — products that can help make the most of your overall travel budget and still address the needs of individual travelers. One of those products is Business ExtrAA®, a free program that rewards companies for doing business with American. Once you enroll, your company can earn points toward valuable travel awards, in addition to the AAdvantage® miles earned by the traveler. Plus, for a limited time, enjoy two great bonus offers — one for you and one for your company!

ENROLL IN THE BUSINESS EXTRAA PROGRAM
    FOR EXCLUSIVE BONUS OFFERS!

Enrollment in the Business ExtrAA program is easy and free! You or your travel manager can simply complete the enrollment form at www.BusinessExtrAA.com using referral code SME3Q11 and receive an account number instantly. Your company will start earning points with your next trip.

EVERYONE BENEFITS FROM
    BUSINESS EXTRAA MEMBERSHIP.

When you fly on American Airlines, American Eagle® or AmericanConnection® carriers, your company can earn points while the employees who travel still earn their personal AAdvantage miles.** So everyone gets rewarded! Make sure to encourage your employees to include your company’s Business ExtrAA account number in their reservations or simply to update their AA.com profile to automatically include the Business ExtrAA account number. This will make earning points for your company effortless when booking travel online at AA.com. If your company uses a travel agency, make sure they have the number, too. Since award levels start at as few as 300 points, your company could be claiming awards after only a few trips!

P.S. Be sure to check out the American Airlines Business Suite for more products specifically designed for businesses like yours. Just visit www.aa.com/business for more information.

*Based on Economy PlanAAhead® award valid for the Continental U.S., Canada and Mexico. All taxes and fees, including reservation fees, assessed at the time of ticketing are the responsibility of the passenger.

To qualify for the bonus offer, you must enroll in the Business ExtrAA® program and use the SME3Q11 referral code during the registration. Enrollment must occur between September 12, 2011, and December 31, 2011. Travel on AmericanAirlines®, American Eagle® or AmericanConnection® must occur between September 12, 2011, and December 31, 2011. Your company's Business ExtrAA account number must be in the reservation to earn credit towards the 2,000 bonus points. Your company must spend $3,000 on eligible travel between now and December 31, 2011. This offer is available only to recipients of the email sent by American Airlines to select AAdvantage® members and is valid from September 12, 2011 through December 31, 2011. Promotional bonus points available for new Business ExtrAA customers only.

**Only purchased, published fare revenue from eligible flights, excluding codeshare flights, booked in eligible fare classes for travel on American, American Eagle, and AmericanConnection® and ticketed on American Airlines 001 ticket stock, will contribute to monthly revenue, net of refunds, fees, taxes, and commissions ("Flown Revenue") for the purposes of earning points. American reserves the right to exclude or modify specific fare types in all or specific markets from its calculation of Flown Revenue. Retroactive ticket requests may not be eligible for promotional points. For complete details on eligible travel, visit www.businessextraa.com.

In addition to any bonus points associated with this offer, per general program rules, companies earn two points for every $10 spent for all qualifying tickets on American Airlines®, American Eagle® and AmericanConnection® carriers. Companies earn one point for every $10 spent on eligible itineraries from Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) and Miami (MIA).

Business ExtrAA bonus points will be posted to the account within six to eight weeks after the offer ends. AAdvantage miles will be awarded to each eligible recipient who flies before December 31, 2011, using a new Business ExtrAA account number created between September 12, 2011, and December 31, 2011. Each eligible recipient may receive a maximum of 5,000 AAdvantage miles. In order for the recipient of this offer to be eligible for the 5,000 AAdvantage mile bonus, at least 2 travelers (including recipient) must fly using the newly created Business ExtrAA account number between September 12, 2011, and December 31, 2011. AAdvantage miles will be posted to the account of the eligible traveling AAdvantage member within six to eight weeks after the offer ends. Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification.

For questions about this offer, contact Business ExtrAA Customer Service at customerservice@businessextraa.com or dial 1-800-457-7072, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. CT Monday-Friday (inside US and Canada).

swag likes this.
  14. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah there it goes...

And it's the same as SME2Q11, where if you spend $3k before 12/31 you get an additional 2k bonus points.

15. swag
    Original Member

swag Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting this. Lots of relevant details.

It looks like you can get 2000 BE points if you spend $3K on travel.

You also get 5000 miles for the signup, if at least 2 travelers (including recipient). but is this also subject to the spend requirement? Maybe not.

And there's this dreaded phrase: This offer is available only to recipients of the email sent by American Airlines to select AAdvantage® members. Does anyone know AA's history (or Business Extra's history) for honoring offers for non-targeted people who sign up anyway?

16. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Let's simply do a little conga. Most of us will have two paid trips coming up. You can enter a different business extra number on different bookings.

17. DrG
    Original Member

DrG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was already registered - deleted my previous account and reregistered with the same AA#. Seems to have gone through fine, but we shall see if the miles post.

18. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    Signed up for my company, even though we all fly UA. So far, so good.

19. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've signed up. First trip is next week. Let's see what credit I get.