Business extra

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by AnthonyB1609, Mar 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. AnthonyB1609

AnthonyB1609 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was wonder if anybody uses the business extraa account and has there company had any success with it?

2. cwpfly

cwpfly Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just signed up for it since I received a promo that would earn me a sufficient number of points for a free trip after my first purchase. There are various threads on MP and FT and through perusing them, I came to the conclusion that it is a nice program that provides some benefits if you purchase more than a few tickets per year and/or use the various promotions that come up occasionally. The first trips that I will fly using a Business Extraa number are happening next week.

3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    There are probably between 5-8 threads about Business ExtrAA already floating around the forum. There's a lot of good information and commentary in those if you wanted to take a look.

4. AnthonyB1609

Status Points:
    Thanks I was looking for them and couldn't find any but I will look again.

5. cwpfly

cwpfly Silver Member

Status Points:
    free101girl likes this.
  6. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    I use mine - basically, it's like extra points for doing something you're already doing. :)

7. mundosurfer
    Original Member

mundosurfer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was thinking this was the case as well.

wrxmom and Gtitan like this.
  8. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    As noted above by cwpfly, you have to include AA's standard extra A. Please note that I wasn't trying to give you the controversial "DO A SEARCH" response when I replied, I've had a bad case of the flu the last few days and I didn't have the strength in me to link through to the other threads is all. :)

free101girl likes this.
  9. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    I love my Busienss extra account. in slow years i get a free admirals club membership, in fast years much better:

The BusinessExtra account allows companies to book travel and receive credit for it, while their employees collect the frequent flyer miles the payoff is not the exact same amount as the miles but it is close. It’s based on dollars spent. You receive credit for anyone who books a ticket and includes your business extra number; employees, friends, family, etc. It’s supposed to be for companies with two or more employees. It’s the first tab under business programs on the AA website. It’s free to sign up.

10. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been collecting points for a while now. But what really irks me is that every once in a while they'd offer up to 2000 points to just sign up for the program. And it took me quite awhile to accumulate as many points. :(

11. folex386

folex386 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You win some, you lose some. Maybe if you send them a message they'll give you some compensation? I figure with BE its more of a bonus.

wrxmom likes this.
  12. free101girl
    Original Member

free101girl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Two (relatively minor) down sides to using Business Extraa:

1. If you need to change your reservation, you have to go through a special desk. This is usually not a big hassle, but you do have to call regular Reservations and be transferred.

2. If you put your BE number on the reservation, you usually (always?) cannot use a discount code.

YULtide likes this.
  13. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't had to try to change a reservation, but I've used discount codes almost every time, and I get my BusinessExtraa points just fine . . .

foxberg likes this.
  14. free101girl
    Original Member

free101girl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Huh. I've tried to use the Entertainment Book codes for $10 off each ticket with BE and it never works. But I can use them if I don't put my BE number in. Must be a programming error with those particular codes?

YULtide likes this.
  15. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure about Entertainment Book codes, I never used them, but regular discount codes work just fine.

mbranciforte likes this.
  16. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Those codes are loaded down with restrictions. Frankly, I've never had an opportunity to use one on any AA flight, because I always run afoul of some term on them. So I really don't know, but I think it's likely some compliance issue, and not an Extraa issue.

foxberg likes this.
  17. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone used the BXP1 upgrade within North America? Does it book into A class like the 15k miles + $75 copay mileage award?

I could definitely see myself using this on a transcon to confirm an upgrade.

18. AnthonyB1609

Status Points:
    Ya that's why I signed up they were offering a 5k promo.

19. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe the promo was 500 points. Wouldn't 5k be a free business class ticket to Europe, S. America, and Asia?

20. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah - 5K would be quite a promo. That would be worth filing for an EIN for.

21. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
  22. AnthonyB1609

Status Points:
    Dear XXXXX

Your company's travelers get rewarded for flying on American Airlines, but is your business getting the value and recognition it deserves? With the Business ExtrAA® program, your company earns points towards valuable travel awards in addition to the AAdvantage® miles earned by the traveler. It's easy to join and enrollment is free!

For a limited time, we have a great bonus offer for you and for your company!

– 5,000 AAdvantage miles for you when you fly your first trip using your new Business ExtrAA number before June 30, 2012

– 2,000 Bonus Business ExtrAA points for your company
    (that's equivalent to a domestic roundtrip ticket

23. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Right - so 5000 AA miles, but only 2000 BA points.

Still, a pretty solid deal.

24. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very. I only got the 500 point sign up bonus.

25. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    1. I've always heard that you have to go through Business Services to change a ticket, but have never experienced that. We have changed a couple of ticketed itineraries over the last couple of years, and never had to go through Business Services.

2. Like others, I have never had a problem using discount codes with BE, but I have not tried to use the Entertainment book codes.

BusinessExtrAA usually provides a free Admirals Club membership, pretty nice perk for not doing anything ExtrAA.