Business Extra Rewards

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by JennB, Dec 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone here have experience with booked award flights using Business ExtrAA points? I'm looking at Japan, next summer, first or business class. What I'm wondering is how the availability is for these awards. I'd like to do the Plan Ahead Award so I can have points for another trip but I'm worried that I'll redeem and then try to book and find nothing available.

When I book Delta Skybonus awards, I just usually call them before I redeem and make sure the flight I want is available. I can't as easily do this for this trip as I have to redeem before some points expire on 12/31. So I'll have the award certificate in hand before I know exactly when I'm traveling.

Thanks!!

2. Titans26

Titans26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Your profile states Atlanta. You have several connecting options.

Call now to see what's available. My assistant usually looks at availability using Aadvantage miles. If there are PlanAahead seats available using Aadvantage miles there are usually Business ExtrAA Plan Aahead award seats available also. The two seem to correlate.

If you are an EXP ask for a PlanAahead seat to be opened for you if none are available. Tell the agent you had miles expiring that you needed to redeem.

3. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perfect! That's just what I needed. I looked and there are Saver awards available all though May and June as long as I leave Monday through Thursday, which is not a problem at all.

Thanks!

First class to Tokyo, I cannot wait!