Business Exchange: Patronize and Support the Company of a milepoint.com Member

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by Canarsie, Mar 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    The spirit of community is important at milepoint.com, and while this is certainly not a new idea, one important aspect that defines a community is the idea of supporting each other.

This discussion is for those milepoint.com members who operate or manage their own businesses. After all, who would be better to patronize the businesses of milepoint.com members than other milepoint.com members, especially as the membership grows and trust amongst members builds?

This discussion could contribute to ultimately increasing travel opportunities for milepoint.com members, which is in the spirit of further building the community at milepoint.com, as milepoint.com members need to support each other in every way possible.

No advertising should be done in this thread. Either state the description of your business, or state what products and/or services for which you are searching from the business of a milepoint.com member.

Ideally, this thread would be part of a new milepoint.com Economy forum, which would allow milepoint.com members to patronize each other with jobs, products and services to help fund our passion for travel, miles and points.

I will post in this discussion at a future date. Let other milepoint.com members have the opportunity to post information about their companies and businesses, as well as what they can offer to the milepoint.com community.

If you are seeking a job or have a job opening to offer a fellow milepoint.com member, please go to the Job Search: Hire a milepoint.com Member discussion.

Thank you in advance.

2. carsonheim
    Original Member

carsonheim Gold Member

Status Points:
    Howdy, and thanks for starting this thread, Canarsie.

I am a professional voiceover talent. I perform voice over services for corporate narrations, web videos, phone systems, commercials, language learning software, product demos and more.

To hear me at work, visit www.ccheim.com

Cheers!

flyingdawg and ralfkrippner like this.
  3. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very interesting I must say. I've listened to a few of your demos and it feels like I'm in the US watching TV :)

I'll definitely keep you in mind should my company need any narration. Being a Danish company we don't really have anyone with a flawless accent and Danish accent just doesn't sound very well on narrations.

Is there any chance you could send me a PM with some pricing examples for future reference?

flyingdawg likes this.
  4. East_Yorker
    Original Member

East_Yorker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting that this thread started on my birthday...and stayed there.

I'll bite, I'm a Qualitative Market Researcher and Facilitator trying to help my clients listen more deeply to their customers, so they can develop better products, make better decisions and make more money. We can do this in person, or remotely through online and phone interviews, although if we do it in person I get to travel more;)

My website is: www.panoptika.ca.

5. Efrem
    Original Member

Efrem Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you sell a high-tech product at a price point in four or more figures, most of your sales are influenced by industry analysts.

Few vendors know how to work with analysts to win them over. I help companies do that: start an analyst relations program, review and audit an existing one to make it even better, train your staff in the ABCs or to upgrade their skills, prepare executives for analyst interactions and review their materials, and develop strategies for the future. I've been doing this for longer than anyone else on the planet - the first edition of my book on AR came out in 1986! - so I must be getting something right.

Naturally, I'm willing to travel. I've run AR training programs in England, France, Germany, Austria, Australia, and Singapore, as well as both U.S. coasts and in between.

Best way to contact me is by PM through this site.

6. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, I fall into the small business owner and manager cohort. I own and operate a Retail Map and Flag Store. Maps are an important facet of any travel and can assist you in making the proper decisions on routing (Mileage Runs?) or setting appointments. I do have a website, but to avoid any impropieties relating to MP, it is probably best just to PM.

flyingdawg likes this.
  7. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am excited to announce a new business venture which officially launched today, of which I am the Vice President of Marketing. It is called ReTryIt, Inc., and it is a penny auction Internet web site where you can sell products and services as well as bid on them.

Sellers earn ten times the amount of the final sales price of an item or product. For example, if a product is purchased by the winning bidder for $20.00, the seller earns $200.00. There is no cost to sell an item at www.retryit.com.

There are no bid packages to purchase. The only requirement when purchasing bids is that you purchase a minimum of 20 bids with each transaction.

This is potentially related to milepoint.com because I hope to eventually have a travel component associated with this concept — although travel products and services could certainly be sold immediately at www.retryit.com. For example, it would be the dream of a “mileage runner” to successfully have the winning bid of a $2,000.00 trip and purchase it for a fraction of the price while still earning miles and still being able to upgrade — or, perhaps a hotel or vacation package could be sold to a winning bidder for a fraction of the original suggested retail value while still earning points.

Please support this venture by spreading the word about www.retryit.com and tell your family, friends, colleagues and neighbors about it. I would greatly appreciate it. Also, please join as a member to participate — and registration is free of charge.

Thank you in advance.

By the way, the first company I launched celebrated its 20th year in business last month, and I am proud of that achievement...

secretsea18 and flyingdawg like this.